remote screen viewing(hardware) question

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by maximos86, Aug 8, 2008.

1. maximos86

maximos86 Geek Trainee

hello... i have spent hours looking for a hardware device that will be able to be connected to my pc and view the screen as i was sitting on the pc and type as well... like windows remote desktop but i dnt want to buy a laptop to do that... i just want a dedicated device to do it that i can find cheap(i hope)...

2. Tech

Tech Padawan

Have you tried a monitor and a keyboard!!

Sorry, I dont mean to be flippant but I dont really understand what you're trying to do. Can you explain a little more please?

3. maximos86

maximos86 Geek Trainee

ok... ill explain better... imagine having a pc and using remote desktop through a laptop to control it from another place in the house because u can not move the pc and you want freedom of movement... i want to find a device that lets me do exactly that (remote control my pc using a wireless or bluetooth connection like remote desktop will) without buying a laptop cause i dnt have such a high budget.... is this better?

4. Tech

Tech Padawan

Yeah. I think I see where you're coming from. I guess really you're looking towards a PDA because I've never heard of anything thats dedicated to this type of thing.

5. maximos86

maximos86 Geek Trainee

no i already got an htc touchscreen device... but what i mostly want is typing fast wherever i am... even with a pda with a keyboard speed will be low...