RIP T-bird 1400

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Big B, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, it looks like I'm gonna be stuck with a Duron 800 until I get something faster. Musta gave it too much juice when I went to OC it. Oh, well. The Duron should go up to 1GHz, and right now, I've got it running a 145MHz FSB and a 5.5 multiplier. I know it does 1GHz no problem. I should be able to see how far my RAM can go with the FSB. Don't know if I'll be able to hit the 200MHz mark, but I should be in pretty good shape.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

ah, oh well, hey :) you will need to update your sig image :) Big B you use your machines? for home lan to play games? how good is it if you do?

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I will update my sig when I'm sure of the configuration. I've been playing with that Epox 8RDA, and I think that board is my problem...

The first box is my main box, 2nd is my lan/spare box, 3rd's my file server. My main box is pretty heavy. It can be a "LAN" box, but I don't plan on it being so, mainly because of the weight. Both can do gaming pretty well. I noticed a real improvement going from a GeForce 3 to a Radeon 8500---ATi really has their DX 8 stuff down.

If the 8RDA doesn't pan out, I'm thinking of picking up a Soltek SLNV400 64-L board.

4. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

If you're looking to buy a cpu, maybe you should look at those cheap TBred B 1700+ DLT3C which oc very well (well higher than 2ghz for many people).

Excaliber PC has them and guarantee the stepping you'll get, AND they have a good rating at resellerratings.com (higher than Newegg if I'm not mistaken. Either way, they're in the top 10)

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It might be a BIOS issue with some RAM...if I can get it booted up again, I'll try flashing the BIOS's.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Heh, now it is definitely dead for sure. I musta chipped too much off the thing. The KG7 RAID I got boots fine with that ol Duron 800. I know where that gift certificate is going towards...I was kinda hoping I'd have an excuse to get a new motherboard....:D