riva tnt2 model 64 and riva tnt2 model 64 pro?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by djjedi, May 19, 2003.

1. djjedi

djjedi Geek

Hi, Is there a different between riva tnt2 model 64 hardware and riva tnt2 model 64 pro hardware?, or are they the same hardware or drivers video card?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Drivers are the same, but the hardware is different. I'm not sure exactly what is different since I'm not familiar with the older TNT2 stuff. Based on newer nVidia chips, the Pro has some extra features and/or a faster clock speed. Since you can use the Detonator drivers with the TNT2's (best to use some older ones below the 7.xx series), it doesn't matter that much. The drivers will install for the specific chip you have in the video card if there are any hardware differences besides a faster clock speed

3. djjedi

djjedi Geek

Big B, it means that if i have the riva tnt2 model 64 pro hardware in my pc, i could installed the drivers of a riva tnt2 model 64?, i mean, i can see the drivers riva tnt2 model 64 installed on my pc using a tnt2 model 64 pro hardware? i hope you understand me..

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=tnt2

As far as I can tell the different levels of the TNT2 don't include what your specifying. If you jump over to their driver download page, the two different models you're talking about are listed. I'm really not able to determine the difference between the two at this time. For the most part, it's just the TNT2, TNT2 M64, TNT2 Pro and the TNT2 Ultra. These are the different classes of the TNT2 line. As far as I can tell, the M64 Pro is just a variation of the M64 design, and it's probably something to do with clock speed and not any hardware feature.

Basically, I don't have an answer for you. If it's working, you've got the right driver most likely. You could try forcing a M64 Pro driver to install, but I tend to leave stuff well alone if it's working.