Roswill hub and WD HD/flash drives

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by SGasan116, Sep 18, 2013.

1. SGasan116

SGasan116 Geek Trainee

Hello, forum!

Connected my external WD HDD 4TB and three flash drives 32 & 16 & 4 MB to my HP laptop with Roswill 2.0 USB 7-ports hub.

Laptop didn't recognized them, no matter what I did - reboot, checked BIOS, check device manager. They were working perfectly fine just before I connected them to laptop through hub. I added a hub for convenience of switching, b/c laptop have only 2 usb ports.

I disconnected a hub and tried to connect HDD and flash drives directly to laptop, but now they're not recognized by laptop at all!
    I tried again everything again: reboot, BIOS, device manager, uninstall USB drivers etc. Nothing!

I have very important and personal data on HDD and flash drives, and can't even think about lost of it. Is it possible that Roswill Hub fried something in my drives?

How I can save my information? What can be done? Please help, I’m really upset now.

P.S. Sorry for mistakes, English is my second language.

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

So they worked with a desktop ? Yea ! I don't have much Faith in Roswill Products.. They seem to be made very cheap and don't last..
    Turn off the laptop,and unplug it from the wall, Next remove the battery for 10 minutes... Then put everything back and try One USB at a time.

3. SGasan116

SGasan116 Geek Trainee

Tried but w/o luck:-(

4. SGasan116

SGasan116 Geek Trainee

I did check with another laptop, and nothing. I'll try another enclosure with WD HDD 4 tb, but what to do with flash drives?

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Sorry, but I backup all my stuff to DVDs, Once a flash drive burns out, it is gone..I would test the flash drives on a desktop, one by one... with out using the hub.