S3 Graphics ProsavageDDR video card

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by djjedi, Feb 25, 2003.

1. djjedi

djjedi Geek

hi, can someone tell me plz, why with this video card some 3d games stop, i mean keep froze and the os/system..? by the way.. is this video card works fine or good on Windows2000 os?..or which with os does it work great? thanks for read..

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Could be the drivers themselves. I'd check to make sure you have the latest video card drivers off Via Arena.

2nd, check to make sure you have the latest patches for the games causing you trouble.

3rd, if your CPU or video card is overheating, that can be the cause of crashes and lockups. Make sure any fans on the CPU and, if it has one, video card.

4th, if those don't fix it, and even if they do, I'd look at a solution from nVidia or ATi.

3. djjedi

djjedi Geek

thanksĀ» S3 Graphics

thanks Big B, the fan of the cpu doesnt work well.. i had to change it.. and the video card is not such compatible with some new 3d games..

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's not surprising. It's not a real high-performance video card. Fine for desktop stuff, but that's about it.