Satellite Navigation For Symbian Phones

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by ProcalX, Jun 11, 2007.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Hi all, I've just phoned my mobile provider and have been told that i'm long over due for an upgrade on my mobile phone. I've been offered a list of mobiles one specifically for an extra £50 is the Nokia N95 with 5 Megapixel camera :D

It's on it's way and should be here tomorrow, the camera comes with Satellite Navigation software and a built in bluetooth GPS reciever, my question is will this cost me money to use the sat nav?

I have to pay for the use of GPRS for internet / WAP services on my telephone like most people do but am wondering since it uses GPS and comes with a GPS reciever specifically for this task - do I have to pay anything extra for it? - like per minute / megabyte of data etc?

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I'm not too sure on that one, I suppose it depends which provider it uses for the SatNav (GPS) - I know with some stand-alone SatNav units you have to pay a subscription to keep the maps updated (and possibly to use their satellites, I'm not entirely sure) - maybe try and find out who makes the software and GPS receiver and contact them to see?

Just my $0.02 - not much help I know :(

3. zeus

zeus out of date

I only know one person with this phone and hes on an O2 contract. All I know is that he couldnt get gps to work on it. Whether this means he would have to pay or not I dont know.
    Just get onto your provider. They should be able to tell you. Maybe thier website will tell you.