Saw Lord of the Rings last night

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Big B, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The elements that were chilling in the books were just as chilling, if not more so, in the movie. As with any book to movie adaption, stuff was left out, but I think it was the stuff they got away with easily, since the removed items didn't play a major role in the movie--which was a 3hr. epic.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

My little brothers watched that the other day, I was told it was quite good, I might see it when it comes out on video.

3. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

Excellent!

It is actually a brilliant film, I haven't read the book but I have always wanted to. People haven't knoced it yet.Cant wait for Lord of the rings 2 and 3.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

LOTR 2=The Two Towers, LOTR 3=Return of the King.:D I know this stuff waaaay too well. I've been through the books before and this is the best movie adaption I've ever seen. I'm glad they didn't include some stuff, or the movie would've been 10 hours long.

5. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

I know what you mean. The books are MASSIVE

6. SETEO

SETEO Geek Trainee

I saw this film last weekend and it was great!!....anyone who hasn't seen it yet should go and see while it's on at the cinema, as the special effects have to be seen on the big screen!....

And that's from someone who has NOT read the books either....:rolleyes:

:p