Seagate Leaks 750GB Barracuda 7200.10 Details

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by megamaced, Apr 21, 2006.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

A PDF accidentally showed up on Seagate's website earlier today with the latest details on perpendicular desktop hard drives

Seagate insiders contacted us early this morning with a few snippets of information (PDF) concerning the upcoming Barracuda 7200.10 series hard drives. Like other Barracuda drives, the 7200.10 series are based on 7,200RPM spindles.

Story continued here

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It was inevitable, I guess. Now more space for all the hi-res pics of me topless. :medead:

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

*ooooooo*

It was on the cards really, with the new perpendicular drives it was just a question of time, that's an awful lot of space I must say!

4. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I will prefer two or more drives than one of 750GB.... Coz if you loose this much amount of important data than you might end up paying thousands of dollars to get it back like imfomance as he was ready to pay more than 1000 pounds for some pictures.

5. Addis

Addis The King

If you're worried about data loss buy two and set up a RAID 1 array (mirroring). Not cheap though.

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Nice...I coud use that space:D Im struggling with my 300gb/40gb internals and a 500gb external so that would be a sweet upgrade.

7. Karanislove

Why you have big drive of 500GB outside and small drives of 300GB,40GB inside..Replace 40 with you 500 one~!

8. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

My 500gb is external...and has gone walkies..the other two are internal and safely in place :)

9. Karanislove

But you can replace them. and instead of 300 or 40 GB drive you will have a 500 GB drive safe:beer:. Because if you loose 500GB disk you will feel more embarassing than loosing a 300 or 40 GB disk.

10. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I cant replace them because
    a)I dont know how you use an external disk as an internal
    b)I dont know where it is to replace it :)

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

[ot]Most (if not all) external drives are just IDE drives in an external housing built to hold that type of drive, that's how you can make your own external drives with a normal HDD and an external housing for it.[/ot]

12. Karanislove

Which HDD do you have in your external case? A Laptop one 2.5" or Desktop 3.5"?
    If its Desktop one then you can just open your case and replace with your internal HDD. (I did the same with my cd writer as well, it was in an external case, I just took it out and put it into my computer. There can be some exeptions like if you have sata drives in your computer and your External case doesnt support that or vice a versa!)

13. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yes but Nic said that her External Drive has gone Walkies - She's lost it, therefore she cannot put it into her computer if she can't find it...