Server 2008 Small Business Server Problems

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by athomas, Nov 18, 2009.

1. athomas

athomas Geek Trainee

I just finished installing Windows 2008 SBS, and I'm having some issues.

When I open the server manager, and go to roles, a lot of roles have a warning or error symbol next to it. When I investigate further, it's hard to find out what the problem is exactly. So I'll say what I know so far:

1. Error from IIS yesterday in the event log (the only error):
    Code:
    The World Wide Web Publishing Service (WWW Service) did not register the URL prefix https://*:987/ for site 334896210. The necessary network binding may already be in use. The site has been disabled. The data field contains the error number.

2. DHCP won't start, and doesn't give any reason why. Well, it starts, and then just stops itself.

3. File Services:
    Code:
    File Replication Service is scanning the data in the system volume. Computer FOXSRV cannot become a domain controller until this process is complete. The system volume will then be shared as SYSVOL. 

To check for the SYSVOL share, at the command prompt, type: 
    net share 

When File Replication Service completes the scanning process, the SYSVOL share will appear. 

The initialization of the system volume can take some time. The time is dependent on the amount of data in the system volume.

4. DNS - This warning is displayed about ten times:
    Code:
    The DNS server encountered error 32 attempting to load zone fox.local from Active Directory. The DNS server will attempt to load this zone again on the next timeout cycle. This can be caused by high Active Directory load and may be a transient condition.

5. Terminal Services warning:
    Code:
    The TS Gateway service is shutting down. To diagnose possible causes for this problem, verify whether the following services are installed and started: (1) World Wide Web Publishing Service (2) Internet Authentication Service (IAS) (3) RPC/HTTP Load Balancing Service. Also, check Event Viewer for Network Policy Server (NPS) and IIS events that might indicate problems with NPS or IIS.
    6. How do I assign the DHCP scope?

Some of the above are working, such as DNS (I can telnet to port 53) but there's still the warning icon next to the role in Server Manager. I'm stumped on this one...