Settings

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by do50, Apr 23, 2005.

1. do50

do50 Big Geek

Doing a school project this weekend, and I need to record speaking voices onto a CD.

Have a Dell Inspiron 1150.... Using Accessories - Entertainment - Sound Recorder. I also have a Sony TCM-200DV recorder.

Tried using a little Sony unpowerred mic, and got nothing. Then tried a Realistic Stereo Electret Condnser Mic. (ancient!) and got some sound. (The geen line in the Sound Recorder stays flat with both of them.)

Added Dell speakers and got a tiny bit more. In Sound Recorder's Effects menu I increased the volume by 25%, and it's ok if the speaker volume and everything else is cranked up to the highest settings.

The problem is that the Windows sounds ...dings, clicks, etc are DEAFENING with these settings!

Can I turn off just the Windows sounds?
    Should I do an analog recording on a tape player and feed that into the computer instead of recording live into the computer? (Is there a cable that will let me plug from the headset jack on tape recorder into the mic jack on the computer?)

I know less than nothing about sound stuff, and really need some help. Thanks!

2. Addis

Addis The King

In XP, go to control panel(in classic view)>sounds and audio devices>sound tab and set the dropdown box to No Sounds. That should disable them.

3. do50

do50 Big Geek

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!