show related / similar threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Impotence, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

I was on the ubuntu forums earlier and when your creating a new thread it automatically shows you threads which are similar to yours (based on the subject) when you finish typing your subject.

It would have been really useful if anyone was having the same problem as me with gutsy (the installer can't detect the CD-ROM drive) and it should cut down the number of threads that we see repeatedly.

also, any chance of something to stop people posting exactly the same thing in different forums? you could compare the titles or the content of everything the have posted in the last 20 minutes or something and display a message telling them not to double post if it matches.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

thanks for the feedback Impotence.

I do believe there is a check made on double posts if you post within x amount of mins. (not sure though)

As for having similar threads, I had planned the exact same thing via AJAX but decided against it for one reason or another. I think if the user clicks a button which then shows similar threads, it might work well, will see.

3. Impotence

no problem :)

4. Impotence

any news on this?