Site displays properly in Firefox but not IE

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by Waffle, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

It's probably a cache related error, but the site for the dog traning lady is going live tonight, and I'vej ust discovered the damn site doesn't display in IE! I;m sure its due to the <iframe>'s I've used, because the graphics are fine, but no content will open up where it should, like it does in Firefox....

any ideas???

Thanks.

http://www.freewebtown.com/behavingbetter/

see if it works for you guys, pretty please? I know it did before, but I reuploaded it all.

2. Addis

Addis The King

Yea its the iframe thing in IE, not sure what to do about it. Its probably fixed with an update but not everyone has the update for IE.

3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Go figure...

I've changed the coding so it now displays ok but it doesn't look as smooth as it did.

4. Addis

Addis The King

Could you use a small jscript that displays a different version according to their browsers?

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

techically yes, but for what its worth, no. I might include a "get firefox" button.

Dunno if its for anyone else, but do you know how to get rid of the *horizontal* scroll bar?

6. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

nice work Waffle, most impressed, thats the best design you have done so far dude!

7. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Yeah, GJ Waffle. It's not your fault IE isn't standards compliant. BTW, 7.0 isn't going to be, either. The "Get Firefox" button might be a good idea. :)

8. anjanesh

anjanesh Geek Trainee

If you are not going to update the IFRAME then you use <DIV> to achieve the same effect using overflow:auto;