slow boot

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by johnny.dacu, Jul 7, 2010.

1. johnny.dacu

johnny.dacu Geek Trainee

for about a week now, my laptop start booting very slow. The problem occured from nowhere, and after a reinstall the problem is still there. I've tested this with a linux distribution and it boots normaly. what is the problem?

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

When was the last time you Defragged ? How many apps do you have running in the tray ?

3. johnny.dacu

johnny.dacu Geek Trainee

as i was saying i have reinstalled windows. (format and install) I don't think the defrag is a problem

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Did you defrag before doing the fresh install ? Slow boots can be a number of things , A stuck driver can be a big problem.. You might try a different install disk ..

5. johnny.dacu

johnny.dacu Geek Trainee

you'll never guess what was the problem. Now it funny but.. anyway. The problem was microSD adapter forgot in the unit. I think windows was trying to read that piece of *. Any way may tnx.

6. acmz123

acmz123 Geek Trainee

I think an easy way to keep your Computer from Running Slow is to install a PC protector or cleaning, according to my personal experience, Tuneup360 is good choice, and your computer takes only 30 sec to start up if you have it!!!