Small LED case Lights?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Darcadian V1, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Darcadian V1

Darcadian V1 Big Geek

Im about to build a shuttle system and the onw ive chosen has vents on both sides. This got me thinking about case lighting.
    As some of you may know there isnt a lot of space inside an XPC so I was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a small green led light. :good:

Im in the uk so would prefer to get it here if possible.

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

3. Darcadian V1

Darcadian V1 Big Geek

Much thanks ninja
    Im thinking perhaps that one of those led case feet might do the job :good:

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The other thing that you might do is see if any auto stores stock some shorter neons...like 6in (approx 15.24cm) or so. I don't know what you've got over in England, but the ones for cars are 12V, much like the voltage in the PC (not what's coming off the wall to the power supply---all the components in the case). So if you're brave enough, you can convert them pretty easily to work in your setup.

5. LinedogJ500

LinedogJ500 Geek Trainee

I have fitted two small neon ropes (like the ones Big B mentioned) to the inside of my tower, with the use of a power inverter (240v to 12v) and fitted a switch redundant restart switch on the front of the case. not a big job and the effect is well worth the effort! anyway the inverter i purchased from Larkspeed in Doncaster (boy racer shop) for around 20 quid and the neon ropes i bought from Donny Music in Doncaster who do Disco equipment and they were only 3 quid each. you must have these kind of shops near you? so i would try them. worked for me mate. hope this helps. laters