So F'ing Disappointed.

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by ProcalX, Sep 14, 2004.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

yes, i made the mistake of buying doom 3.

so graphically fantastic, and yet the game its self is incredibly incredibly repetative and boring, PDAS and security codes, and u keep doing it thinking the game might change, but no its exactly the same.

not happy.

hl2 better be good!

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I really enjoyed it. But then again, I didn't think we had anything good coming out for awhile until FarCry showed up.

Unreal 2---Sucked. Deus Ex: Invisible War---Sucked. Unreal Tournament 2003---sucked.
    DX:IW was supposed to be an intelligent FPS, but god did that blow. Now, I don't know what the hell happened, but the three I listed were based on about the same engine. Wether it was a curse or what, I can't say, but they ran like crap, and in the case of Unreal 2, the best level was the 2nd one.

Far Cry came along and, finally, there was something that just didn't suck. Some bugs were there, but at least it was fun to play.

Then D00M3 hit. Now, I think that there are those who worship John Carmack and would buy anything he puts out. However, I don't think he ever ment D3 to be Half-Life 2. It's basically you playing in a horror movie for 20 hours. I liked it, not to say it probably wasn't over-hyped, but I enjoyed it.

I'm also looking forward to HL2, but as we all know, it's not out yet. Of course, Gabe Newell could use a few pointers in network security too. Then again, that wouldn't leave them with excuses for not having it done. :rolleyes: Believe me, I'll get HL2 the day it comes out, but I'm going to enjoy stuff that comes out.

3. Addis

Addis The King

I didn't think Unreal Tournament 2003 was that bad. Maybe thats because thats the only fps game i had and thas its the demo version. Oh well, lets hope that HL2 doesnt disappoint.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Alot of people that played the original UT played 2003, and there was just something lacking in it. I've played the demo of 2004, and it plays much more like the original...including the return of the dual enforcers. Also, they've got updated versions of the music from the original UT. It also seems to be a bit smoother.

5. Addis

Addis The King

Yep, but 6 cds though.

6. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

heh, 1 DVD for me!!

oh yeah - UT2004 - i have seen a screen shot that has "Ultra High" settings in the video options. Any way to get this setting or did I misread it?

Thanks.

7. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

I was dissappointed with the demo and never even bought the whole game.

8. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I really liked the game! well...the first 45-min to the first hour. then it just got old and boring like the original. Im amazed on how well the graphics look on all low settings though!

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I think if iD had put out D00M 3 when there were a plethora of good FPS, that would've affected the views of people. When you take that FarCry was the first breath of fresh air in a genre that had some real stinkers as of late, D00M 3 came out soon enough that it'd get attention and acclaim. There still would've been the die-hard D00M fans, but I think that there would've been more naysayers if there was better competition. HL2 may very well suck for all we know, especially since the hype keeps growing every day. Hype is good, but I'm afraid that if Valve keeps delaying things, few people will care if it comes out after awhile.

10. Cooper

Cooper Geek Trainee

Doom 3 is the kind of game where you're amazed for the first hour, and then you realize that you're doing the same thing over and over. The graphics and license keep it from being another mediocre FPS lost in the crowd.

11. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Bad Gabe, BAD! *smacks hand* What did I tell you about running Windows on your mission-critical servers? No! N-O! You don't see Mr. Carmack getting rooted, now do you? Look at me when I'm talking to you young man, or you'll get another spankin'!