some noob question(s) about burning CD

Discussion in 'General Software' started by DaRuSsIaMaN, Jan 7, 2009.

1. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

I have a .iso file. So, what do I do with it to make it work? I burn it to a CD, correct?

I'm using Nero Express. So do I just select the data CD option and then add the .iso file? Like in the screenshot? And is that all?

Attached Files:

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I don't like Nero, I use Ashampoo burning Studio for all my needs.... take a look at it..
    I don't think it is under data disk, Should be under cd/dvd blue ray, or iso image..

3. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Browse to the folder where the ISO file is located in Windows Explorer. Then open the file. Nero should now be launched. If not, then right-click on the file > Open With > Nero. Then click on the Burn-button.

4. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Great, thanks RH. Worked like a charm, was done in like 3 minutes.

Heh, Ghostman, maybe I can see why you dislike Nero, but I hardly ever burn things anyway, so I don't really want to bother. This Nero thing that came bundled with my drive seems to get me from point A to B in my burning needs without much hassle, and I want to just forget about it after that lol. If I were a more regular "burner", I would probably look into your recommendation or other alternatives. Thanks for the recommendation anyway :)