Some PC Hardware Reviews; Damageplan Concert

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Okay, first the good news:

I've missed posting some good stuff due to some personal matters, but they're not too old.

There's three reviews over @ [H]ard|OCP. First, for the Intel crowd, they ran Epox 5EGA+ i915P through the guantlet...one LGA775 board that doesn't cost you a kidney. Then they go over to the AMD side and heckle the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum, a new take on a popular nForce 3 250 board. And what really crazy nutbar wouldn't appreciate some heavier cooling grunt in the form of a Danger Den TDX H2O kit?

PC Perspective takes a look at the Albatron K8X800 ProII. It's older, but it's got the VIA Envy 24 PT sound chip right on the board.

TweakTown takes the OCZ DDR Booster for a spin. Personally, I think it's one of the most original ideas for overclockers in a while, since not everyone has some soldering iron skills.

For the metal heads, it appears that former Pantera guitarist, Dimebag Darrell, is pushing up daisies. There is also a possiblity that at least one more member of Damageplan has joined him.

2. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

I will hopefully if im allowed be writing a review over xmas and after xmas of a general round up these major performance memory brands:

GeIL, OCZ, Kingston, Corsair

I will be putting through the tests these ranges:
    GeIL Ultra Series PC4000 Dual Channel 512MB (2x256MB)
    OCZ Golden Series PC4000 Dual Channel 512MB (2x256MB)
    Kingston HyperX Series PC4000 Dual Channel 512MB (2x256MB)
    Corsair XMS PRO Series PC4000 Dual Channel 512MB (2x 256MB)

I have had several positive responses so far, and am just awaiting the decisions on those left, and to finalise some things.

:good:

who said i don't do my bit!?