sound drivers

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by eddyjack, Nov 9, 2006.

1. eddyjack

eddyjack Geek Trainee

my daughter has been reinstalling windows xp pro, but now there is no sound on her commy, message can`t find sound driver, is there something she has done wrong while reinstalling she don`t know a lot about commy niether do i is there any thing she can do to restore sound thanks for any help:doh:

2. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

Hi Eddyjack,

You should look up the type of soundcard or chipset your daughters pc has, and then download and install the appropriate drivers for them.

There are more way to do that;

• Just press the MS Start key and the Pause key from the keyboard and the Device Manager Dialog Box will show up on your screen, another way to get to the device manager is to right click on the My computer icon, choose properties, then click on the device manager tab.

Fom there click the device manager button and the expand the "Control for sound, video and games" (this is translated from Dutch so the actual name might be different) and look for an entry with a exclamation mark or a red cross, this device will most likely contain the name of the sound device manufacturer and the model you need.

• Click the Start Button and then click the "Programs" folder, next, click the "Accessories" and then the "System Information" folder. Within the "System Information" window, click the "+" symbol next to "Components". Click "Sound Device" (or "Multimedia" and then "Sound Device") and in the right-side of the window you should be able to locate complete information about the sound card.
    Below you can find links to the most common brands;

Click here for Nvidia NForce sound devices
    Click here for Realtek sound devices
    Click here for Creative sound devices

If you still can't find the right one you might have to take a look at this page.

Good luck, let us know when you need more help.

Marcus

3. eddyjack

eddyjack Geek Trainee

thnx very much marcus i will givr that a try and let you know the rasult thnx again