Speakers: hopeless?

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by DaRuSsIaMaN, Nov 22, 2003.

1. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Ok, just yesterday I was listening to music on my comp and everything was great, didnt notice anything out of the ordinary ... today, i turn on comp and speakers ... and my subwoofer is broken! It does not play anymore, but whenever speakers are on, it emits a dull, low, grumbling kinda sound ... sorta hard to describe ... its sorta quiet, but changes in volume as u change the volume on speakers.

First of all, can anyone tell me what the hell happened? How can it, without any warning signs, be alive and working well last time comp was on, and be completely dead the next time i turn it on??

Secondly, and more importantly, is there any way it can be fixed? (I think warranty period expired) Or is the only way out a new set of speakers?

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Please provide us with a little more info to help troubleshoot the problem. Namely, your sound card, speaker make/model, and OS.

3. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Gaahh! ... lol nevermind i figured it out ... it was just a LOOSE CONNECTION rofl ... i checked the cord that pluggs into the woofer and the electric plug but never thought to check the jack that goes into pc

:eek:

lol sorry for wasting your time with this

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

It's not trouble at all, glad it was something simple. Sometimes just sounding your thoughts to others helps make the problem clear. ;)