Speakers to fill a room

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Ashton, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Ashton

Ashton Geek Trainee

What would you guys reccomend. I need to install speakers that sound farily good and are loud enough in a 10x5 meter room (approx). It will obviously need to have very long cables, and it needs to be loud! Very loud! There could be like 30 people in the room, and it needs to still be loud enough.

I was thinking of the logitech X-540, but I don't think the cables are long enough, and not sure it will be loud enough.

2. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

Hi

what is the budget????

BTW those speakers you chose are not up for the job mate they are not loud enough for the task.

the best speakers i can recommend in terms of loudness but not sure about cable length would be the: Logitech Z-5500 THX 5.1 Speaker System

OR

An even more powerful 7.1 system : Creative GigaWorks 7.1 S750 THX Speakers

BTW if your worried about cable length then why don't you go wireless?

This is a brilliant power full speaker system that's wireless but it's on the expensive side, hope it's within your budget becuase it's perfect for your needs: Creative GigaWorks 5.1 G550W THX Wireless Speakers

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Well, first off I'd say nevermind the speaker wire length; you can buy or make extensions for just a few bucks, right? So it shouldn't be a big concern IMHO. In terms of filling a room though, if you're looking for PC speakers, you might look into the Bose Companion 3 or 5. If you're looking for a PA system, well... I'd need to know your budget to make a good recommendation. :)

4. Ashton

Ashton Geek Trainee

well I didn' really want the budgt over $200

how about the logitech G-51, would that do the job?

5. Pimp

never used them before but looking at the specs it's not bad, it's got a lot of power 135watts so yeah i guess they should do the job :p

6. Ashton

Ashton Geek Trainee

kk, those seem like the best choice then

7. Ashton

Ashton Geek Trainee

8. Pimp

lol those are really bad but they are cheap, the subwoofer on that is only 6watt RMS my own sub has 17watt RMS and its pretty standard lol so yours must be terrible, no offense.

9. Ashton

Ashton Geek Trainee

not mine lol, thank god
    So if those did half as loud (I didn't hear the sub at all though lol) then the G-51 and mabye even the X-540 will do the job fine

10. Pimp

I think it's safe to say that with the Logitech G51 with 135 watts of total RMS power will make a huge difference to the last system lol

But just one thing i would like to mention is that you would need a decent sound card to give you that power but most importantly clear great sound quality, so what sound card you got??

11. Ashton

Ashton Geek Trainee

we are using laptops, one macbook pro with whatever they have, mine has run a 5.1 X-530 before

12. Rei

Rei Geek Trainee

Buy the logitech Z-5500's. Trust me, they are amazing.. and easily the best 5.1s for their price.