Splitting movies

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by suej, Mar 5, 2006.

1. suej

suej Geek Trainee

Can someone please help me, I am trying to split a movie and everytime i go to watch it it only plays the soundbut no picture!!!

2. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Hi Suej and welcome to the forums.

I have never split movies before but but I know a forum where a lot of people did.... look at my signature or if you cannot be bothered to scroll down further, just click here.

Once there go to the Tools section and search for editing tools.
    If you are trying to split AVI files, VirtualDub and Avidemux come to mind...

Good luck.

3. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I use a program called Videoredo to spilt my MPEG2 files. If I record a TV show on my computer, I can use it to cut out the adverts :)http://www.videoredo.com

It's not free, but you can download a trial version

4. suej

suej Geek Trainee

Thanks so much for your help... trying to splitt again now. Fingers xed that this works.
    Suej

Thanks so much for your help... trying to split again now. Fingers xed that this works.
    Suej

5. syngod

syngod Moderator

What type of files are you trying to split? Depending on if it's Mpeg2, Mpeg4, .avi or straight mpeg they all have a little bit different tools to use to split them.

The best site I've found for tutorials and tools is Doom9. It should be able to guide you through spliiting/joining/converting almost any type of video file.