Star Trek Questions

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Pimp, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

Hello everyone i have a few questions about Star trek that i don't really understand. (i do know none of it is real but to me it's very real :))

1) How fast is warp drive like warp 1?

2) Is warp speed accumulated? for example if warp 1 is 1000mph and warp 2 is 3000mph and warp 3 is 6000mph (i hope my math is correct)

3) Is the Federation, Klingon Empire, Romulus, Cardassian, Dominion, Borg etc in the Milky Way only or are they in other galaxies?

4) In terms of date/history is this correct: Enterprise, Star Trek, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and then Voyager?

5) I don't get how the Klingon Empire became what it is due to the fact that every Klingon wants to fight and be a warrior and die an honorable death but how the hell can you build an empire if everyone wants to die in battle lol things will never get done and no Klingon is going to be a builder, Doctor, Engineer lol.

6) I know that Romulans are like the Vulcans but never found out what happened did the Romulans evolve from Vulcan's or is there another explanation?

7) In Star Trek we humans have developed many new technologies such as warp drive and been able to explore the world, have fancy new weapons, ships, shields, extreme computers but one thing still has us stomped and that is Baldness, take a look at Captain Picard lol, you would have thought they put a wig on Picard to make it more realistic. :chk:

2. Pimp

I guess no one in forums is a Treki fan seen as no one has answered my thread :confused:

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I think these may be the answers you're looking for:

Patrick Stuart's Movie Idea

...They really helped me to understand the Star Trek continuum more comprehensively.

4. Pimp

haha you joker, lol helped me a lot thanks but just one question is that clip were kirk and that lizard monster have a pathetic fight in a real episode???

i also found this really funny pick again i dunno if it's in real episode:

http://www.renuncln.com/graphics/DSCN0139_1.JPG

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Glad you liked that :D To answer your questions, yes and yes! No scene was too over-the-top for Gene Roddenberry. TNG was pretty ridiculous too until he died. :x: