Sticky Threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by pelvis_3, Sep 4, 2005.

1. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

I was just searching the site looking for all the sticky threads and didnt turn up many results, so i was just wondering if there is any possibility of all the Sticky threads to have thier own section or something like that so they're easier to find?
    This is just another of my crazy ideas and if it's a stupid one tell me please!
    EDIT: also, all the stickies that i've read are great!

2. Addis

Addis The King

Sticky's are easy to find as they're always on top of other threads. Just look through the appropriate forum.

3. pelvis_3

yeah i know that i just thought it might be cool to have them all together!

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

As Addis already pointed out, they're at the top of the section. Having a sticky at the tops of each section allow for certain section-specific to be addressed. Not everyone reads every forum, and if they didn't read the stickies forum and an important sticky was there, they'd miss out. If it's something major that affects the entire forum, then we'd use the announcement feature, but that's not always what we want.

5. pelvis_3

Point taken Big B, i didnt think of it that way but thanks for the feedback anyway!

6. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I see what you mean but having there own section isn't a good idea. But maybe a side bar, which lists all the sticky threads could work.

I will look to do something about it in the coming weeks.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I like you're idea Pelvis, sometimes it's nice just to have the option in place. Sometimes you could care less until it's actually implemented and then it seems pretty cool and useful.

8. pelvis_3

Thanks Sniper, i never thought of a side bar, that would be equally as cool!
    Thanks Ex, although i wont be losing any sleep over it if it doesn't get implemented
    it might just be easier to find that 'all so valubale' information especially for newcomers!

9. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

another options is to convert them to articles, which was suggested by ThePenguinCometh! which is a pretty good idea. Though I'm not currently up to doing it.

10. pelvis_3

Thats also a good idea, and i wouldnt be up to it either!
    At my last count there was 13 Stickies, is that right?