Stop Error after installing TV Tuner Card

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by slim___shady, Dec 28, 2003.

1. slim___shady

slim___shady Geek Trainee

I have a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 200 in the AGP slot and just added a TV Tuner Card from Pine in PCI slot. I then started Win 2K Pro. It detected the card and I pointed it to the CD that came with the TV Tuner card. At the end of the smooth installation i rebooted. On reboot, I got this Stop Error:
    =====================

Stop OxOOOOOOIE (OxCOOOOOO5, Ox80685821,OxOOOOOO8,OxOOOOOO56)
    XMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

XXX Address 80685821 base at 86682000, DateStamp 3e7a7338

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you ned to use safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Startup Options and then select Safe Mode.

Refer to your Getting Started Manual for more information on Troubleshooting Stop errors.
    ============================
    Restarted in safe mode and disabled the new device and now it boots.

How do I use this card to watch TV on my pc?

Windows 2000 Pro, P4 2GHz, 768 DDR Ram, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 200 display adapter in the AGP Slot and the Pine TV Tuner in a PCI slot.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If you don't have the latest drivers, snag those and try again. Also, check Windows Update to see if there's anything concerning this problem.

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I see that you have disabled the card and now it boots! also you installed the drivers from the cd, try to find the latest drivers from the interenet for the card to see if it helps.