Storage card doesn't work

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by RHochstenbach, Mar 27, 2007.

1. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I bought a Samsung D900 mobile phone today. I've inserted a 1 GB SD micro flash card. Then I formatted that card completely. The storage card item is displayed in the phone and it can be used. But if I connect it to the pc (using Samsung PC studio 3), the program doesn't display the storage card. It only displays the folders of the phone itself. The guide doesn't provide any troubleshooting about it. What could cause this?

2. syngod

syngod Moderator

I'm not sure about that particular model of Samsung but I know on the CDMA ones we sell if you have a microsd card it won't be read from the data cable you actually have to take the card out and use a card reader to transfer data.

3. RHochstenbach

Okay I'll do that, thanks. First I thought I had overlooked a setting, but a card reader is easy to get. :)

4. syngod

syngod Moderator

I know it's kind of stupid but all the phones I've seen with MicroSD seem to be the same way.

Suprised they didn't include a card reader when you bought the phone. I know here anyways either it comes with one in the box or if a customer needs one we'll throw one in for them.

5. RHochstenbach

I just found it out. At the USB settings of the phone, select Mass Storage. If you would connect the phone to the pc, it shows a removable drive. That are the contents of the SD micro card.

6. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

I use this setting on my nokia as well, it also means I don't have to install horribly bloated and buggy Nokia PC Suite to do anything :)