Stutter On Most Games Gtx 760

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by PoppySilver_, Jun 28, 2015.

1. PoppySilver_

PoppySilver_ Geek Trainee

Hi, i recently built a gaming PC and have always had this problem. When playing games i can usually max out, i always seem to go from a steady 60+ FPS to about 30FPS. I took some screenshots of the graphs on MSI Afterburner while playing GTAV, http://imgur.com/a/lM06j, its a bit messy mind, but I noticed that the GPU utilization keeps going from about 90 to 50, and at the same time the power goes from 65 to 55, and the OV and Voltage Max go to 0 and Utilization limit goes to 1.

My GPU is overclocked to 1005 Mhz with a boost of about 1270 Mhz, and the memory is OC'd to 3071 Mhz. I don't think it's because of the OC's because they were only recent and this has been happening since i built this PC.

My temps never go over about 70 while playing and the limit is 95 i believe.
    My FPS goes down at the same time is the clock speed does.
    Here are my system specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654) Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 PSU: Corsair CX Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard

Nobody else seems to have this problem as far as I can see so I'd really appreciate some help.
    I'll post a video of what gaming on it is like soon when I get better internet to hopefully better help people see whats happening.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The first things I'd check are that the games are all patched up and your drivers are all up to date.

Also, go into BIOS and make sure no clock throttling is enabled for the CPU. It might not hurt to disable the C or S states either (C1, C2, C3) to keep anything from accidentally putting the CPU to sleep.