Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by evanjanis, Oct 29, 2004.

1. evanjanis

evanjanis Geek Trainee

Can you make a new section of the forms to Dell Computers. I have alot of advice and want to know alot for my own information about my computer and i can help people with their Dell problems also

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

At this point, no. While Dell is a major pre-built computer company, having a Dell-only forum is, well, rather redundant. Yes, they have some proprietary parts, but we do have enough accomodations with our forums to cover the topics.

3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

how about a forum that is like for Dells, HP's, Alienwares? Like a pre-built PC forum?

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Again, redundancy. Except for the Mac, most of the pre-built systems are desktop/tower x86 PCs. It's just that it's not something that's standing out as something we really aren't covering at all. Now, maybe a laptop forum, simply because it is a different animal than the standard desktop in that they tend to be noticeably different as far as upgrades and troubleshooting goes. I'm not saying never, but I really don't see enough of a variation with prebuilt desktop/tower systems to warrant it's own separate forum at this point. If we start seeing enough threads often enough, that might be something to look into. Right now, we'll just leave General Hardware as the catchall for stuff not previously covered.
    With the jump in forum activity, we'll see how things go as far as a real need. We've got a few things in the works too.

5. evanjanis

evanjanis Geek Trainee

That is true thier is not alot about dells going around on the forms i have noticed now. Also for people like my self that need help with Dells post something i we can help you out like i have been doing. Also people that own dells go to the dell.com and go to support. Then go to the forms section on it. People post things and dell tech sometimes post replays with good information. Thanks anyway