system restarts sudednly!!!

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by motorheadbiker, Apr 15, 2007.

1. motorheadbiker

motorheadbiker Geek Trainee

i was previously using intel D102 with ddr2 533mhz ram with dual core 2.8ghz processor..a couple of days ago i bought a new intel 946GZIS and core2duo 1.8ghz E4300,ddr2 512mb 667mhz ram and new SMPS, 160gb SATA, LITE-On 20x DVD writer and an old cd rom...after i installed windows xp, sometimes when i open some applicatons and work or if i see some movies suddenly my systm gets restarted...after my windows starts again i get a msg tat "windows has recovered frm a serious error" n bla bla bla..i tried changing the ram,but still i had the problem.. then i tried changin the smps still i faced the same problem.. then i formatted my system and reinstalled windows xp yet again i face the same problem.. pls help me wat cud b the reason.. i chked the cpu cooler also and i even chked the temperature... its optimum..

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

What power supply do you have?

3. motorheadbiker

i am using intex 400W power supply.. i have even tried changing to a new power supply.. yet the problem persists..i have few snaps of my motherboard which is strange.. wen i examined my motherboard i saw a portion of it to appear like a rusted part..the image is not clear but it is some wat visible.. neways i'l try to post a clear image...chk out tat sqare part of the image..

ImageShack - Hosting :: 16042007076oq0.jpg

4. RHochstenbach

Have you cleaned the heat sink, and applied a thermal compound on the CPU when you replaced it?

5. motorheadbiker

ya i did it.. and even i tried checking the temperature its very normal....

6. RHochstenbach

Try to run a program like Memtest to test the RAM.
    Could you also check if the CPU frequency in the BIOS is set to Auto?

7. motorheadbiker

system restarts suddenly!!!

i have tried testing the memory.. its working fine.. and i have even tried changing the ram.. tried with 3 working ram's. and everything in the bios is in auto... if there is a problem in the motherboard will this issue be caused?? bcos i tried changing the power supply, RAM, hard disk, and reinstalling OS, BIOS updates, latest updated drivers,.. so cud this be caused due to faulty motherboard?

8. RHochstenbach

system restarts suddenly!!!

Because you've tested all other things (power supply, memory test) and installed everything correctly, I think indeed that the motherboard might be faulty. Is there still any guarantee on the mobo?

9. motorheadbiker

yes there is warranty for my motherboard.. infact it has 3 yrs warranty.. I jus got this motherboard and processor 10 days back.Is there any chances for my processor to be faulty?? i am worried abt tat..
    I am from India..there is no service centre for intel over here.. wat ever it is i have to contact intel thro mail..and i bet its a tideous procedure to get my mobo replaced...previously they took 20 days or so jus to replace my faulty CPU cooler..they asked me some snaps shots n shits jus to replace my cooler..so i am pretty sure tat they wil ask me a list of questions before i get my mobo replaced or repaired.. wat ever...
    Cud u pls tel me if there r possiblities for my processor to be faulty???and chances?? and is intel 946GZIS a failure model or wat?

10. motorheadbiker

And my motherboard's memory configuration in the bios says
    CPC override : disabled
    Memory frequency : 667mhz
    tcl : 5
    tRCD : 5
    tRD : 5
    tRASmin : 15

r these normal settings or shud i change here something to get back my mobo working in a gud condition??
    and my processors max temperature after using my pc for 45 minutes are
    processor temp : 53c
    internal temp : 42c
    remote temp : 43c

V12.0 - 12.87v
    V5.0 - 5.188v
    V3.3 - 3.285V
    V1.5 - 1.257V
    VCCP - 1.300
    r these normal?

11. RHochstenbach

I think so.

If the CPU is faulty, then the system wouldn't even start up (correct me if I'm wrong guys). So the only option left would be a faulty mobo.

12. motorheadbiker

What is CPC override?? any idea?? what shud its value be?? either disabled or auto?

13. motorheadbiker

because i changed its setting to auto and til now the system is working fine.. its has been 2 hrs since i dint get my system restarted automatically after changing tat setting to "auto"... :).. am very happy.. but if it gets restarted again i'l be the one who is disappointed to the core... not jjus core... may b core 2 or dual core.. hehe...

14. RHochstenbach

I just googled for the meaning of CPC override. It means Auto SDRAM timing Control. So the timing of the RAM wasn't set correctly. Glad you got it sorted :D

15. motorheadbiker

hey... lets not believe :) my system is a crazy one.. i dont knw wen its driven insane..so i wil decide anything after using my system for a while.. its running without restarting now... but lets see,, tahnks for ur quick replies man :) and is my trd, trcd, tRASmin timings normal????

16. motorheadbiker

i have few more questions dude... the dealear who gave me the motherboard, processor and RAM wud have given similar models to many other ppl's like me..and i stll believe tat CPC override setting is set to "disabled" by default.. and i am pretty sure that my dealer is dealing with only one brand of RAM.. so y is dis issue of restarting not faced by other customers like me wen their CPC setting is disabled??

17. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

CPC/Command Per Clock/Command Rate...sometimes the memory controller on the chipset only operates at 1T or 2T, 2T being slower, yet typically more stable. That's probably why it was set to Disable by default.

18. motorheadbiker

i have tried changing the cpc override to automatic as i said before.. yet no use.. its still getting restarted..