Tech Squigglies...

Discussion in 'Testing Arena' started by Exfoliate, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I'm not particularly pleased with this one but I wouldn't mind if you all would still comment on it as I like a bit of constructive criticism any way.
    [​IMG]

2. Fred

Fred Moderator

I think the colors and design actually look pretty nice except the border. I think the border looks kinda cheesy or something. The other thing is It's a bit hard to see the first part of your name.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I think the border totally sucks actually but I didn't have any better ideas at the time unfortunately. I made the terrible mistake of accidently adding the diagonal bars across my name and in the corners on the same layer as the text so I'm stuck with it:( Well I'm sure most of us know what it's trying to say. I'll take it down in a few days probably, it's one of the worst I've done in quite some time sadly.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Okay well I find the original to be a bit embarrassing so I made a new one:
    [​IMG]

5. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

I like the original and thought the text needed brightening but the new one is just ACE!
    Good Work!

6. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

wow ex, the purple siggy you have made is increadable :eek:, its mazing, did you use photoshop cs?

it's so good, it puts my siggy to shame.

7. Addis

Addis The King

don't worry, better than anything i can do. no artistic talent whatsoever.

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks:) Glad you like her. This is using Photoshop 7.0 as CS got corrupted with my PC so I have to do it all on the Mac these days. I miss my photo-filters and texture options but otherwise it's the same deal. The girl is actually that CG one I posted a while back under Waffles Cinema 4D thread if you recall.

9. Willz

kool, may i ask you, on the left of that siggnature, there is like all that firey yellow and water look in squares, was that using filter options and gradients.

also using mosaic filter option?

and also blending options?

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I think I just went to filter>distort>glass>tinylens made them large on the slider and then duplicated the layer and added another color and blending option (multiply I may have been)? I can't remember too well but that's the gist of it. Not mosaic filter on this one.

11. Willz

oh, cool, i will have to try to make that affect :D

12. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Loving this one, the effects are truly awesome and blend together with the render very nicely. The multi-coloured effect is especially attractive in this piece.

13. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks Waffles! You're approval goes a long way with me:good: Glad you like it:)