thanks button moved

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Sniper, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

seems like plenty of posts go un-thanked so I've moved to the left, which should help (i hope), let me know if you guys have other ideas.

my current thoughts

- leave the thanks button in its current position
    - remove the image
    - add text "Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No"

sniper

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

My idea is to remove the Thank You system completely. It's rarely used. And most people who got their issue solved are so happy, that they don't see the Thanks button because of the excitement :)

3. Sniper

The button was used quite often initially but that was down to users having text in their sig "saying please click the thank you button" (rules don't allow that anymore)

I can see it working for sure but has to be done right.

4. RHochstenbach

Maybe placing the button next to the Post Reply button, so others can notice it much faster.

5. Sniper

do you mean the "post reply" button in the bottom left corner?

6. RHochstenbach

Yeah in the lower left corner. I thought that it usually was positioned next to the Report button...

7. Sniper

It would be a good location but then we would need to some mechanism to ask which user they want to thank.

8. donkey42

donkey42 plank

well i for one do use the thank you system, probably a bit unnecessarily lately,
    but i do think it's today's society where nobody likes admitting that they don't know something but in my case, i respect someone more for actually asking a question about something they don't know
    however, i do ignore people who think they know everything but in reality they know :swear: all, simply because it's easier & i don't want to get into argument that soon turns into a p1ssing contest (who knows the most)

Edit: people must think i've being helpful, well a least 312 of them cos you can't thank yourself[ot]but you can be your own best friend[/ot]generally though i think the thank you system is a very good idea (but i would say that cos i've got loadsa thank you's)

Edit: but you can't fall out with yourself, why ?
    i want to have a big argument with myself & fall out

9. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

i'm a fan of the moved button, it does stand out now.