The best PSX game

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by edijs, Sep 16, 2007.

1. edijs

edijs Programmer

Hi!

I'd like to you to go on and dwell in some nostalgic memories of the PSX era and write down which, in your opinion is the best game for this console?

I really liked both Vigilante's, Driver 2 - and, yeah, rugrats :D as well as Spyro

2. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Silent Hill or FFVII.

Still playing both on my PSX. :cool:

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

thats a really difficult question, cause there are like a thousand amazing games from that generation. I would have to say one of the Final Fantasies, or Armored Core: Masters of Arena.

4. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

X-com Enemy Unknown/ Terror of the Deep
    FFVII
    Destruction Derby 2

5. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

There were so many good games back then, I dont think I could narrow it down. But the one I played over and over again was Resident Evil 2, but Tomb Raider and FFVII were 2 of my other favorites as well :)

6. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

FFVII definitely also FFIX is often overlooked but I thought was a real masterpiece

7. zxivate

zxivate Geek Trainee

the final fantasies and I really enjoyed Megaman Legends

8. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

on a side note, game quality has really gone down hill. Back in the PSX days, you could really just pick up any game and it wouldn't be a waste of time. I remember buying so many games just because they looked cool or something and then they ended up being really good. Now, i hardly ever buy a game before i've read reviews or something about it.

9. edijs

edijs Programmer

nah, you know, I've been thinking about this as well but consider this - you were much younger and those first quality games had such a big impact on you that those first emotions still overshine anything else. I know it - as an example - the same old Vigilante - I remember palying it like crazy, but now, I just ran it, gazed myself in the nice sun of the past 'good old days', played a little bit as well, but that was it... so, I wouldn't say that I could be completely dissapointed by the new-gen games... but I mean, the first games had the advantage to be the first ones and they could take on WW2 themes, blah, blah - now it's like - bah, it's been done already - and thus makes it really hard to top it all, so if a good game comes out today then you know - you have to double-appreciate it... :D just IMO

10. disco dave

disco dave Geek Trainee

Dino Crisis for playstation I enjoyed but would somwtimes scare the pants off me. I am also a big fan still of hogs of war.

To go further back in time would have to be goldeneye on N64, Sonic 1 on megadrive, Another world and Bomb Jack on Atari ST and Galaxians on ZX81!!!

11. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Yeah, makes sense, but really, i still go back and play some of those games. Yeah, age had something to do with it, but still, they were just sweet.
    On that the best PSX game, is, ALL OF THEM

12. MilesTeg

MilesTeg Geek Trainee

Xenogears, it's the first game that got me into RPGs and gaming in general really.

13. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

On the PSX my favourite game would have to be Wipeout 2097. Upon release it was simply sensational and had an excellent sound track. For replay value, nothing on the PSX beats it for me.

[ot]As for games on consoles of earlier ilk, Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers is my favorite. NO ONE can touch me. [/ot]

14. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

FF7, Symphony of the Night, Bushido Blade (2-player FTW), FF: Tactics, Tenchu. :)

15. zeus

zeus out of date

An easy one for me. Gran Turismo.

In fact the only console games ive owned are GT1, GT2, GT3, GT concept, GT4 Prologue, GT4 and a GT4 bmw demo. I also have the motorbike version.... Tourist Trophy.

My girlfriend bought Guitar Heroes 3 or 4 or summit for ps2. Thats quite good. And the singing equivalent.

16. randomfever

randomfever Geek

I am not sure what happened to my ps1 but I remember I had Spyro and some wrestling games :)