The Omega Interview

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Anti-Trend, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I've recently had the privilege of interviewing Omegadrive, the designer of the popular modded video drivers that carry the same name. Even if you're not fond of reading interviews (I'm not), you may want to give this one a look. It's short and to the point, and fairly informative as well. If you haven't tried Omega drivers for your ATI or Nvidia video card, find out what all the fuss is about.

A sample of the interview:

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Good interview :)

I think what people have to realize is that the issue isn't what he does or doesn't do with those drivers.
    The issue is it's time-consuming to test all those tweaks and to know what exactly they do.
    Also, I have found that some of his drvers have cured some problems on my system that the catalysts they were based on caused.

3. Anti-Trend

Thanks harrack52 :)
    Yeah, I've had plenty of the same experience. As a matter of fact, I won't even use ATI's OEM drivers any more. I let Omega work his magic first. ;)

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Nice one. I got the latest Omega's for my Radeon 8500. So far very nice.

Looks like we must have some issues between the site and the forums...buncha threads with no posts. Did it to me too with the IS7-E review.

5. Anti-Trend

Yeah, I woulda cleaned it up, but I don't have admin/mod rights. But it looks like the vBulletin upgrade caused quite a few new problems for Sniper to worry about. :sick:

6. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

yeh, nice interview Anti!

about the site, yeh our CMS needs to be updated to work with vb3, though I am waiting for the next version of the CMS before making any major changes!

7. Anti-Trend

Thanks kindly :)

Sounds wise to me. I'd rather work smart than hard. :)