The Ring

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Sniper, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I thought it was a cool, film scary but not that scary, it was a bit slow at times though. I've not seen the JAP version but heard its better, but you will have to do with sub-titles!

I tough where the girl comes out of the tv was great! my fav part of the film! :D

2. Sniper

I guess not ! any one seen the JAP version/s?

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Nope. Haven't seen either one.

4. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

My friend saw the JAP version one night and left the light on when he went to bed after, so I think he was pretty scared :)

Apparently that the JAP version is very well done too.

5. Sniper

yeh I heard its better then the US version!

6. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I'll probably see both, but don't know when.
    I'll tell you what I think.

I'll wanna see the US version first though, since the JAP version is said to be better.

7. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

I seem it few weeks ago, it was pretty cool but I think it wasnt really scary cuze I seen the usual horror stuff allready ;)
    I think the images on the tv were a bit lame, I heard on the jap version the images were way better and had more psyche images(dunno if I translated it right lol)
    the girl coming out of the tv was the best indeed :D

8. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I've seen Ringu today and it's excellent !

First of all, the photography is just great, and the actors are pretty good, and after hearing the differences between this one and The Ring, I don't see how the american version could be even close to being as good as the original.

You gotta see it (Japanese with subtitles)

9. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I saw The Ring today. I have to say that it is scarier than the Japanese version, but....

There's a but ! (there always is)

I still think the Japanese version is better because first of all, the tape is just too fucking long in the american version, too much useless things : it's like they wanna' tell you everything verbally. There is no place for thinking, you just know right away.

There's also the rebel kid....
    I'm sorry but no kids are like that. Yes show us that he can take care of himself (like in the Japanese version), but he doesn't have to look like he wants to kill everyone everytime we see him. And the mother is just a little bitch if you ask me but hey ! I guess American movies are like that nowadays.

Also, what's that thing about the fly ?
    What's the deal with blood all over bodies ?
    The idea of the girl is that you are scared to death : litterally. Bloodbaths have no meaning here.

The phone that rings everywhere ? What's the deal with that ?
    The phone is supposed to ring ONLY when you watch the tape inside the cabin.
    Why do they put insects all over the place ?
    what does the guy do exactly ? What's his role ? He's supposed to help but ends up doing nothing !
    The guy has a huge loft but doesn't have an answering machine ? (right)

and so on and so on.

My point is, the american version is scarier, but the Japanese version is just better, plain and simple.

I wanna add that the american version is a good movie in itself, but not compared to the real thing.

P.S. Sorry about the language, I know it's useless, but I did it anyway... (find the meaning)

10. Sniper

I got my self the JAP version, but had to return it before I had the chance to watch it, will get it for the summer...

11. Sniper

just watched Ringu and Ring 2, I must say makes more sense that the USA version, imo :) I found this site http://ringworld.somrux.com/[/url] should check it out if interested in the ring!

12. me@here_co_uk

me@here_co_uk Geek Trainee

must admit i havent seen the us version but the jap version was amazing very scary and the girl coming out of the tv was amazing!