The ugly one on the top or bottom?

Discussion in 'Testing Arena' started by Exfoliate, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I just want to compare the two. Yeah, I know it's not animated, and "Exfoliate" is hard to see but what do you expect for 15 minutes in Photoshop?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :eek:

2. Fred

Fred Moderator

Well, like you said, it's hard to see you name. But out of the two i'd choose the bottom one. I think that you can see your name best and just seems a bit cleaner and nicer in general.

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Yerp I like the bottom one better too

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

yupo, the design is more clearly defined and looks more orignal.

The top one was created with a Polar Coordinates, no?

5. Addis

Addis The King

Its harder to read the top one and is a bit messier than the bottom. The bottom one looks sleeker and cleaner.

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I agree too, the bottom was what I originally had if you remember. Waffle is right (I think), I'm pretty sure I just layered in polar coordinates and got excited. I also don't like how there's this splotch I missed above the L in the first one. Either way they always look better before they hit the web, they seem so much more blurry now. The biggest problem is the text is particularly weak, if I could fix that I might be okay. Well, I try a less restricting background next time.
    I think I go back to the bottom one (for the time being), I like it better than the one I'm using now (with the color if you recall).

7. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

If you don't like the weak text, try adding some "Blending Options", such as a Bevel & Emboss etc. It would make the text stand out more, without disrupting the background. :good:

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks Waffle, I'll definitely keep that in mind with my next sig. (I've got to keep experimenting until I get one that I like).