Thermaltake Heatsink/fans

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by KenshinX, May 21, 2006.

1. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

Well after reaching my max overclock on stock cooling which is 2,520mhz (2.5ghz) at 315x8 1.475 voltage. I figured I'd get a new heatsink fan and some better case fans and some better ram, So I can get down and busy.:cool:

Ive decided to go with either of the three

Thermaltake CL-P0220 100mm Blue LED Light Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail at Newegg.com

Thermaltake Big Typhoon CL-P0114 120mm Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail at Newegg.com

or

Thermaltake CL-P0257 Blue orb II CPU Cooler for LGA775 & K8 - Retail at Newegg.com

I really want the Blue orb (what a monster) but I have a feeling that it wont clear my PSU. I know that it will fit my motherboard ive read on other peoples success, But my case is a different story. right now i only have the stock 60mm heatsink i wanna know if you guys think a 120mm fan will fit with the PSU clearance. Is anybody elses case similar to mine its rather cheap just want to know if anyone else has a case similar with either of these Heatsinks.

If neither will fit between big typ. and blue orb then i probably go with a the golden orb or Artic cooling Freezer 64 pro.

case pics:
    http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/KenshinNX60/RSCN0654.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/KenshinNX60/RSCN0652.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/KenshinNX60/DSCN0650.jpg

Thanks in Advance

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

I doubt there will be enough clearance for the Blue Orb, it's a shame,
    that thing can cool.
    I'd prob get the Big Typhoon.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

A 120mm fan is massive. and it amazes me that they can fit something like that in a computer case. The Big Typhoon is a beast from what I've seen at a local shop. Any of those units you're going to want to make sure that they will work on your board as not all motherboards are accomodating for 120mm-based CPU heatsinks.

The pics look like you've got ample room around your CPU. The main thing would be clearance toward the top of the motherboard and making sure it clears the DIMM modules.

4. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

Thanks Big B i just didnt want to hassle with buying the fan the having trouble returning it because its open box. I belive it'll work on my motherboard the socket 939/754 Tforce 6100 series was tested on hardforums with the big typhoon and it cleared with normal ram just not with some high performance ram with heat spreaders. So it looks like ill just have to buy it and find out for myself.

5. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

*yawn* My cooling can still pwn yours. I have one of these with two of these mounted on it. Hahaha, yay.

6. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

I could care less. I just want to get some better cooling so I can push my processor higher while keeping the tempurature down.. :)

P.S i can imagine that your system is pretty loud. Sry Big B dont mean to start arguments