Toshiba HDD tools

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by zeus, Aug 26, 2006.

1. zeus

zeus out of date

Does anyone know if toshiba has any tools for their harddrives? Ive searched their website but I cant find any tools, let alone ones for my drive!

I bought a little 2gb drive to replace my 1gb one which broke but when I have it installed I get asked for the BIOS password (which is simply "press enter" usually) which always seems to be wrong. I wanted to at least have a play with the manufacturer tools before zero filling it with microscope.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

try Ultimate Boot CD - Overview as I can't seem to find them is well, plus I read somewhere the bootcd is suppose to contain all HD tools from manufacturers...

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

seagate/conner use seatools
    maxtor/quantum use power max or the .ISO
    western digital use lifeguard tools i think samsung make toshiba drives, but i could be wrong, check this but befor use any, please wait for further replies, as i could be wrong

4. zeus

zeus out of date

Thanks guys. I did look at ultimate boot cd. I ended up using the link to atapwd which got me one step further to sorting my problem.

This drive and the laptop is long a long story. I wont go into it! Long and short I cant get it to boot from anything when the new harddrive is plugged in cos it asks for a password which isnt on the harddrive and I know the one for the BIOS/motherboard.

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

laptops did password protect their HDD's, so, if you replace HDD you'll need the password, or this

if thats what you were wanting

6. zeus

zeus out of date

The harddrive never did have a password. I used atapwd to set a password, one which is the same as my motherboard but I still get a password prompt.

Thinkpadforums couldnt help. Im just waiting on IBM to get back to me now.

7. donkey42

donkey42 plank

sorry, i misread your post, must stop skim reading, although i say that every time