Toshiba Qosmio G10-133 Cooling Problems

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by pacuk01, Sep 9, 2006.

1. pacuk01

pacuk01 Geek Trainee

Hi,

I recently had a message saying that there is a "Cooling Problem" with my laptop contact service dept.

I had noticed that the computer was sounding a bit noisy. Like a dirty fan. I ordered a part from a Toshiba Service Centre but was sent the wrong cooling module.

I have taken the laptop apart and cleaned the original fan and heat sink. I restarted the laptop, the fan was pumping out some air, but again I got the same error message about the cooling problem. I did notice that despite the fan was working, it used to get more powerful if the computer was doing work. This is not now happening. I am going to reorder the cooling module again, and hopefuly get sent the correct item. Is ther anything else that could be wrong. What controls the speed of the fan? Is there any other cooling fans in the laptop apart from the cooling module I have already seen?

Help really needed here.....I am fed up using my old Tosh Sat Pro.

Kind Regards

Paul

2. Addis

Addis The King

I think the BIOS controls the laptop fan for throttling, although it may be that its a different chip and the cooling mechanism program is hard wired somewhere.