Toshiba Satellite L645d Screen Issues

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Jacob Batt, May 8, 2017.

?

Can I fix this with a simple screen replacement?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but more work/parts will be required. f

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jacob Batt

Jacob Batt Geek Trainee

I have a Toshiba Satellite that runs strong with a monitor attached, but I can't take it anywhere without lugging around the damn monitor, which is inconvenient to say the least; Anyways, onto the problem: The screen is not cracked. It is just...really F*cked up (i'll attach pictures) and I was going to buy a replacement screen, but first I want to know if that is the right move as the screen doesn't seem physically damaged. So, I am hoping that some of you guys/gals can shed some light on what exactly I should do to make my laptop portable.

Here is a picture of the screen while booted up. (Again the laptop works great when the screens shell is shut and the laptop is hooked up via VGA to a monitor):
    [​IMG]

And here is the specs stuff on the back:

[​IMG]
    Also, I know that the laptop is a bit old, but it had some great personal attachment to me and it would mean a lot if anyone had some solid advice as to what I need to do to get my laptop portable again, feel free to ask any questions, and I thank you all for any help you guys and gals can give me,
    Thank You!

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  2. Afsra123

Afsra123 Geek Trainee

Satellite L645D (PSK0QC-00K007) sata / ahci controller drivers for deployment. Pls. i have replaced the harddrive attempted many reloads of different copies of installation media. including windows 10. replace ram as well with known working. fails during media expansion. bios sees and displays proper information. and when booted to installation media. cmd, chkdsk (no errors), and diskpart able to function and work with the harddrive. any info would help.