Toshiba Satellite P305-S8832 Display Issues/flickering

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by NotQuiteaTech, Aug 15, 2010.

1. NotQuiteaTech

NotQuiteaTech Geek Trainee

I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I have the above-mentioned Satellite. My monitor is starting to give me matrix-style grey/whitish lines, then sometimes goes almost white. I THINK this happens primarily when I'm watching a tv show or movie on the computer, but it also flickers occasionally when I'm not.

This laptop was purchased in September 08. I do graphic design with it, and do play games and watch tv and movies with it. I travel with it, use it like crazy, as it's the source of my income and livelihood. I've always had the screen saver set at 5 minutes and the monitor set to go off after 20 if I'm away from it. Is the monitor gonna die on me?

I had the previous model Satellite, but the monitor on it died on me, after again, only just over a YEAR. It worked fine with an external monitor.

Is this happening to me again? Is it only a matter of time before this monitor fails on me? I tried updating the display driver, but no luck.

Is there ANYthing I can do? I saw something in another Toshiba thread about an "inverter". Would that apply to my situation? I really like this laptop, it's a great machine, and it's been so good to me. I would be so greatful for anyone that can offer me some guidance or assistance.

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

It sounds like it might be going out, A replacement screen will cost some ware between 80.00 to 160.00 to replace..