Toucan Broadband

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by mlawton40, Jul 24, 2006.

1. mlawton40

mlawton40 Geek Trainee

Hi I have recently got Toucan broadband and at the minute have just got the standard modem that came with it that attached to computer using USB.

To use the Internet, you have to double click the toucan icon on the desktop to connect, I have never seen this before, all other broadband services i've used it is connected when you switch on your computer. Does anyone know why Toucan does this? or is there a way to not have to connect each time?

Also I am thinking of buying a Belkin ADSL wireless modem/router. If I get this would you still have to double click the icon to connect and will 2 computers still be able to use the Internet at once even though you have to connect using the icon?

Cheers, Mark

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

You can put the shortcut (ICON) in the startup folder, so when you start the computer or login it starts to connect.

With a router you will not have to click anything, it will remain connected as long as the router is on. yes, both computers will be able to use the internet.

3. mlawton40

mlawton40 Geek Trainee

Thats great, thanks very much for your quick response!