Traffic Boosting

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by max12590, Feb 21, 2006.

1. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Ok, I know a lot of you guys run your own websites, so I want to know how you get more traffic to your site. In the interest of not getting banned/reprimanded I am not going to post the URL of the site unless you request it.

2. Addis

Addis The King

The best way is probably to optimize your site for search engines. But for some reason our business one has not been indexed yet in google after 2 months.

The only surefire way is to make sure content on the site is good and navigation and themes are consistent and decent. Users need to go back to your site for a reason, so its one of the reasons why dynamic sites are popular.

3. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Well mine is a blog so it will most definately be dynamic.

4. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

It can take time to appear on natural listings. As it happens, I work for Yahoo selling sponsored listings. Sponsored listings guarantee you a good place on the page, but you've got to pay-per-click!

5. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea, seeing as how it is a blog, I am basically willing to spend $0 on it. I am looking for things I can do with a brand new site to get it with some kind of respectable PR.

6. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

try finding similar blogs and ask for a link exchange, also make good (by good I mean, a decent length and not just "I agree") comments on other peoples blogs and leave a link to your site at the end and if you are part of other forums, have a link in the signature there is well.