Triplex Millenium ti4200 128 8x question

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Dayun, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Dayun

Dayun Geek Trainee

Hey everyone. Just recently purchased the above mentioned video card and i cant get the card to capture anything because XP is giving me this error message This device cannot start. (Code 10) when i try to install the nVidia WDM Video Capture driver. Have tried installing a newer version but with no luck. I have read on a few other forums people having the same problem. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What drivers for the video card have you tried? Same for the capture driver? The specific number, like 21.83, is what I'm looking for.

3. Dayun

Dayun Geek Trainee

I am currently using detonator drivers 41.09 and version 1.22 wdm capture driver.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Is the problem that others are having with the Triplex card or other Ti4200s?

5. Dayun

Dayun Geek Trainee

Well i have heard that people with cards other than the triplex are having problems. Not sure if it is mainly triplex related

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Okay. I should've done the whole question list first.
    I'm trying to figure it out, but I'm not quite sure yet.

I'll have to look around and see.

I'm gonna check Microsoft's website and go from there.

By the way, what OS are you running?

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Try uninstalling it, rebooting then reinstalling it---if ya haven't done so already.

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

9. Dayun

Dayun Geek Trainee

Thanks for the links. Ill check them out now. By the way im running XP pro

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's what alot of the problems happened to be with. There might be a connection there...but I'm not suggesting you go get another OS just to get one thing working.

11. Dayun

Dayun Geek Trainee

Yeah i believe it may be XP related. I was browsing the MS site when i came upon something called the DDK(Driver Development Kit) which may cure the problem but these are not available for download, only ordered on a cd.

12. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's actually for helping companies make drivers for Windows, so I doubt that will be a real fix for ya...unless you plan to make your own drivers.