Trying To Put Together A New Pc - Please Help.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Bogdanov989, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Bogdanov989

Bogdanov989 Geek Trainee

I need some help putting together a gaming PC that will last for ~4 years (or more with Overclocking).

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
    My PC would be used mostly for gaming, stuff like Battlefield 4 with max players.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
    My budget is about a 1000 euros, there are no taxes or shipping fees in this case.

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
    Eastern Europe, Serbia

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget?
    I need CPU, Motherboard, PSU, RAM, HDD, PC Case and some cooler for CPU i guess.
    I am currently avoiding SSD because i don't want to spend money on something that does not affect game's FPS (i don't care about loading times).
    Also i would prefer an ATX sized motherboard (z97 intel chipset) with a PC case that is good for gaming (cooling) but no special effects or fancy design.
    I prefer the traditional method of cooling the pc, not a FAN of the liquid stuff :)

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
    This is kinda out of place but i will be purchasing a GPU in about 6 months after purchasing my PC.
    During those 6 months i won't be using my PC for gaming, so i don't need it right now.

6) Will you be overclocking?
    I definitely want to overclock when my config gets a bit old, but as long as my games are running at 50+ frames i don't need to overclock immediately.

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
    My new (single) monitor would be at about 24inches - i think 1920*1080 is fine, perhaps a bit more.

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
    I would purchase all the parts right now except the GPU which would be purchased later this year.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard?
    First i have to say i am CLUELESS about motherboards.
    I would like USB 3.0 and Sata 6Gb/s.
    Even after reading about UEFI i don't understand what it is.
    I don't think i need multiple HDDs or GPUs, i am not a fan of that.
    I do want to be able to overclock my CPU/RAM/GPU when i need it to keep 50+FPS.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
    I have Windows 7 64bit, but generally OS is not a problem for me so we can ignore that part.

A few mentions:

- the GPU is not included in the budget, it will be purchased separately.
    - i have absolutely horrible experience with AMD/Ati so i never use any of their products.
    - the CPU i have set my "heart" on is the Intel i7 4790K. I know i5 tends to be more cost efficient but love knows no reason. I am not interested in those crazy "extreme edition" CPUs that cost like a car.
    - the GPU i would purchase in about 6 months would be a single Nvidia latest generation something, not sure what but it does not matter currently.

- i have no interest in making my PC look pretty or shiny. I just want it to run like a beast, no esthetic fluff.
    - i was thinking of going for the upcoming new very expensive tech (DDR4, broadwell etc..) but i decided to stay with the "tested, cheaper and true" latest generation Haswell/DDR3 tech.
    - due to reasons other than gaming i need lots of RAM, 16GB of DDR3 (at least 2000+mhz i assume, perhaps higher)

- I would like a good HDD like 1TB WD Black 7200rpm 64cache, or something else you suggest (not SSD at this moment).
    - I am clueless about PSU and Motherboards, i just don't understand what to look for in one.
    - As i mentioned above an ATX sized motherboard with a good cooling oriented PC case around it, but nothing fancy looking is needed.

Thank you for helping me out :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

As long as motherboard is z97 chipset, it will support USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s. And also UEFI.

Funny rant about AMD products, because Nvidia and Intel products have been much more problematic lately.

We just need to know what are possible shops where you are buying parts.

Basically:

- i7-4790K
    - z97 motherboard
    - 2*8GB DDR3-2133
    - 1TB hard drive (Seagate 7200 RPM or WD Blue, I see no reason to go with WD Black)
    - Good PSU
    - Case
    - CPU cooler

Depending on where you are buying from.