Tutorial requests

Discussion in 'Graphics Design' started by do50, Dec 23, 2004.

1. do50

do50 Big Geek

(Thanks for explaining about new threads in tutorials, Sniper.)

Someone mentioned making their own brushes. (I tried to find the post using Search, but probably worded it wrong) Would one of you who knows how to make brushes be willing to post a version for n00b's on how to do it?

2. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

It's Opeio who makes his own brushes :good:

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I made my own brush.......but it sucked ......bad. So i deleted it

4. do50

do50 Big Geek

Thanks matttibb!
    OK, Opeio and 01bolandn, how about a step by step how to make a brush out of an image or piece of text? Images I can do, text I can do... but I don't know how to turn them into brushes.
    Suppose you had a scan of your thumb... a bmp. .... now what?

5. Opeio

Opeio Geek

well i have tried making tuts, they are way to time consuming to me, but ill try to explain., you basically can start with a new image add some clouds and use some other filters till you get a grungy look go to define brush and then save it. For abstract brushes i use the brush tool put something in the center of a transparent background and use the smudge tool and move it around with different flow. Then i define brush the same way i did with the grunge.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

http://www.pixel2life.com/main.php

You guys might find that helpful, as it's come highly recommended by several PS guru's that haunt [H]ard|OCP's forums in the Photoshop/Digiart sections. And it's not just about Photochop tutorials either, in case you're looking at web development or other graphics programs. It's pretty extensive from the little I've seen.

7. do50

do50 Big Geek

I think the "define brush" and "transparent background" is what I needed. Thanks! I'll go give it a try.