Two phones and one SIM

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by Tech, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Tech

Tech Padawan

Has anybody ever copied a SIM and tried to log on to the mobile network at the same time with both in two seperate phones? What happens? Do they both work through the same number or do you just get a big mess?

Don't know why I'm interested but its still a question I'd be interested to hear the answear to :D

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

obviously nothing to do with how 'usefull' it could be to have a working clone of someone's phone ;)

after reading about the general consensus seems to be that you can clone sim cards but you cannot have 2 phones with the same sim card (the original and copy) turned on and working at the same time

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well, if you like having two different phones, it would be convient, rather than having to swap out your sim card all the time, but yeah, can't see how they would both work at the same time, ie, both of you phones would ring at the same time, since they have the same number and all, so i think that might cause issues.

4. Tech

Tech Padawan

I assure you that its not for any dubious purposes of my own, its just that i was watching the Bourne Supremacy and i was wondering if it was possible, seeing as they did it in that.

Perhaps thats why they call it fiction :D

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i don't know

but, try phoning you mobile service provider, in theory, you can have two SIM cards both active with the same number, by obtaining your PAK code from your current providers SIM card and transfer your number to your new SIM card to your current provider

BTW: however i think the old SIM card will only work for 30 days, as PAK codes expire

the same way you transfer a new phone & SIM to your old number

i've never tried this but keep me informed if you try it

6. Dennis Leefarr

Dennis Leefarr Geek Trainee

To have two SIM cards with the same number would be most convenient for several reasons,one being that you could have a spare phone in the glove pocket of your car and when you forgot your main phone you could just turn it on and use it. The matter of using both phones at the same time would not arrise. Dennis Leefarr.
    PS I wish someone would tell me how to do it?