ULI RAID driver integration!!

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by motorheadbiker, May 16, 2007.

1. motorheadbiker

motorheadbiker Geek Trainee

i am using ASUS P5RD1-vM mobo and 250gb SATA... i am pretty sure its detected as RAID controller..i am able to install windows vista very well without any problem... but wen i try to install windows xp SP2, it says "windows cannot find and disk drives.." bla bla bla... during install... but i had a laptop which had the same problem.. i used nlite to integrate sata drivers to the xp disk, from the rescue disk provided by the manufacturers of the laptop.... but how can i integrate the the necessary driver to the windows xp disk.. i mean wat r the drivers that are required and where wil i find it..it has "uli sata/raid controller m1573"(found in windows vista device manager)... pls help me...

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, since nVidia acquired ULi, I couldn't tell you how the drivers have been kept up, but you can snag some over here.

3. motorheadbiker

while googling i got a link http://www.driverpacks.net... wil this b helpful??? and i jus downloaded a file from Download ULi Drivers... now how can i integrate it using nlite or any other software?? it has an .EXE file.. how can i make dis to detect my hard drive during install??

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If you're not using the RAID function, you should be able to set the SATA controller to some sort of non-RAID mode (SATA/IDE).

5. motorheadbiker

cud u pls explain how to disable RAID mode?? there i sno option in BIOS to disable it..

6. motorheadbiker

finally i got the solution..I tried disabling RAID in tat particular hard disk..but then windows was not able to find the drive during setup... i knew the driver files name which were required for a clean setup of windows..the files were
    m5287.sys
    ULISATA.INF
    ULISATA.CAT(optional)
    i jus downloaded these file after googling a lot..I tried intergrating these files using Nlite with windows xp SP2(x86)... but during setup it said m5287.sys was corrupt.. even though the driver file was gud it said it was corrpt... then i took another chance by integrating the drivers with win xp in another disk.. but still it said m5287.sys was corrupt. then i confirmed that the media was gud...
    later on i jus copied those files in a floppy inside a folder "WIN_XP".. then during setup i pressed f6 for driver selection.. then i jus located tat floppy for drivers and my drive thus got recognised... now working fine... thanks a lot for ur replies :)