Ultra Cheap Mac Coming?

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Seems Apple is making a bid to have a relatively cheap Mac coming down the pipes, according to Think Secret.

The new Mac, code-named Q88, will be part of the iMac family and is expected to sport a PowerPC G4 processor at a speed around 1.25GHz. The new Mac is said to be incredibly small and will be housed in a flat enclosure with a height similar to the 1.73 inches of Apple's Xserve. Its size benefits will include the ability to stand the Mac on its side or put it below a display or monitor.

It won't be one of the obnoxious eMacs or even an iMac. It's a more square Apple computer than anything else. There's more information here.

2. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

i still don't like macs however cheap they are! i like ipod but that babout the only thing i like from apple. i have a apple 2 gs old computer used for machine programming and it got a green and balck screen thats ok to mess on well different to what out to day and thats only 10 years old i know thats a while but it just show how much they've improved. Dave :good: