Umberto Boccioni

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sheephead, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

Does anyone know a piece of work by Boccioni thats called " Unique shape of Continuity in space" if so i would like to hear about what you think of it.

Myself i think its a great piece of work that Umberto created to help bring cubism, movent and futurism all together.

Also if anyone knows where i could buy a copy of this piece could you let me know please, thanks

2. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

[​IMG]
    Created in 1931. It's dimensions are; Bronze, 43 7/8 x 34 7/8 x 15 3/4" (111.2 x 88.5 x 40 cm).

The actual name is; Unique forms of Continuity in Space, I'm not sure if a copy is available to buy since that may be illegal / forgery.

I never heard of this work before, I think it looks like a piece of cloth in the wind and made me think of the red cape the comic character spawn wears since it too looks so "alive" but maybe I'm just weird :(
    [​IMG]

The human shape the statue resembles strengthens it being "alive" I think. I can't seem to improve the description you gave about it though, it would be cool if you really could find a copy of this.

Greetings,

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I agree cubism, movent and futurism are brought all together in this piece. Have you tried Ebay?

4. Sheephead

Sheephead Geek Trainee

finaly another artistic view, thanks nic, ive tried ebay but ive only ha a quick glance so ill have a proper look and let u know.