Unknown lag

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Marion Antero, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Marion Antero

Marion Antero Geek Trainee

My PC Specs:
    Core 2 Quad 6600
    Ati HD4650
    2x 1gb Corsair
    1tb Hitachi
    450w PSU (Forgot the brand)

The problem is this, I was playing Dead Space 2 with this computer. I can play flawlessly with medium settings with 1366x768 as video resolution. After a few weeks I noticed that the game began to lag and the physics engine of the game just goes nuts. What I mean by that is for example, I pulled one of their bodies and I threw it, it's supposed to go from point A to point B right? But what I witnessed is somewhat hilarious, it went from point A to point B then to C, D, E, F, so on... While that is happening, the body, which I threw, is looking like a splatted fruit or somewhat like it.

So I took a screenshot of the problem, yes, it's a screenshot and you can't see the real problem without it but I will try to explain it...

[​IMG]

See the "arm of the monster" above the ammo counter? That arm is moving up and down FAST... I mean it's insanely fast it's not normal. I've already finished this game without this problem so I know that that behavior isn't normal.

[​IMG]

This is the fruit-splattered thing I was talking about earlier, the monster's body contours were like going everywhere randomly...

I can't describe the problem more in detail so I decided to use Fraps to capture it and to see it for yourselves, so that you can help me further... But to my surprise, Fraps seem to cancel out the problem. Whenever I turned on the recording, the game has no lag, no "up and down" thing while holding an item, and no "fruit-splattered" body. I turned the recording off, and there it is again, same problem, the 3 of it.

I am playing another game, Heroes of Newerth, and I also noticed the frame lag. But I think this game has no physics engine like Dead Space 2 so the two other problems didn't show up but I think it will if the game has it.

I also sometimes "feel" the lag even when using small to medium programs like chrome, photoshop, picasa...

So what do you guys think the problem is? I am clueless to what this is...

2. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Update your graphics card and get the Dead Space 2 patch, here.