Unreal Tournament 2007 for PS3

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Addis, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Addis

Addis The King

WAY BACK in May, we had our first hints of a connection between the PS3 and Unreal Tournament 2007.

At Sony's pre-E3 conference, Tim Sweeny of Epic Games showed a demo of a shooter game running on PS3 hardware, and said he had been sent a PS3 software-development kit.

The rumor was that the demoed game was a prototype of UT2007. However, both Sony and Epic refused to admit whether the Unreal Engine 3 sequel to Unreal Tournament 2004 would be coming out on the PS3. But Sweeny was on stage at Sony's conference, so we all put two and two together.

After more than half a year of waiting, we finally have confirmation from the January 2006 issue of PSM. UT2007 will indeed be coming out for the PS3. Furthermore, they plan on launching the game right along side the console itself, perhaps as early as this coming spring.

This is actually the second game from Epic to be allocated to the PS3. Gears of War will eventually be coming out for both the Xbox 360 and the PS3, but its release date is still a little foggy, could be any time in 2006. We'll keep you posted. ยต
    The Inq

Myself, I'm a big fan of the UT series, especially 2004. Hopefully this will show off the capabilities of the console as well as bring excellent gameplay.

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

YEAH! that game will be teh r0xx0rs

3. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

looks like i will need a ps3 if i want to enjoy playing it :\

4. Addis

Addis The King

No you should be able to play the PC version easily enough. The UT series are well known for running well on mid range hardware.

5. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

yea i know, but look at those graphics, they blow you away, litrally, there amazing, and everyhitng is even more 3d than F.E.A.R, and look at F.E.A.R, on my computer on max settings sometimes its unplayable, sometimes its just playable.

6. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

Can't wait to get my hands on this release.